Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Censorship

The day after my first formal hapkido class (see posts Family and Aftermath) was awful. As soon as I came down from my bedroom that next morning and went into the kitchen Cindy brought up the events of the previous night and asked me not to reveal them to Sensei or Master Eric.

I told her I had already spoken with Sensei and she became angry, saying I had no right to tell him what had happened. Then she actually tried to make me promise that I wouldn't reveal things about what she said to me to Sensei in future.

This just proves to me that she really doesn't get it. How many times do I have to repeat that Sensei is like a father to me. No child should have to censor what they reveal to a parent. Not to mention the success of my journey, on which Sensei, as my teacher, must guide me, depends on me being open and honest with him.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place,

Misha

No comments:

Post a Comment