Friday, July 29, 2011

Formal Training week 2

Yesterday, July 26, 2011, marked my second week of formal training at the dojo. We learned a few new strikes but perhaps my favorite thing was the technique Master Eric had us practicing for most of class.
Brush-Trap-Strike. This technique is used to redirect an opponents attack and turn the situation against them. The attack is deflected with the hand on the same side of the body as the attack was on. Then the opposite hand grabs the opponent's wrist and immobilizes them, followed by one or more strikes to vulnerable areas.
This technique followed up generally by getting the opponent subdued in a hold. Master Eric was having me use an arm bar where the elbow joint is locked. Done correctly this will bring the opponent to their knees and allow me to escape and call police.
I really enjoyed getting the chance to work one on one with Master Eric. He's strict, but he has a great sense of humor. We were actually both so focused on my training that we worked past the end of class completely and had neither an end of class lecture or formal closure to class. I can't wait to go back next week, and I love the routine that two nights of training has put me into.

Misha

No comments:

Post a Comment