Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Workout Routine

After two weeks at the dojo, I find myself very well settled in, something I am glad to report. But on top of formal training twice a week, I have also been assigned a daily workout to do minimum once per day, but I usually do twice. I am going to list it as it currently stands here, and update as necessary.

Stretches:
  • Wrist rotation stretch (Ten times each side)
  • Wrist and arm extension stretch (Ten times each side)
Strikes:
  • Horizontal Punch (Ten times each side)
  • Vertical Punch (Ten times each side)
  • Hook (Ten times each side)
  • Uppercut (Ten times each side)
  • Horizontal Palm Strike- Open handed (Ten times each side) and clenched handed (Ten times each side)
  • Vertical Palm Strike- Open handed(Ten times each side) and clenched handed (Ten times each side)
  • Knife Hand (Ten times each side)
  • Ridge Hand (Ten times each side)
  • Hammer Strike (Ten times each side)
  •  Elbow Strike (Ten times each side)
  • Eagle's Beak (Ten times each side)
  • Grab and Pull (Ten times each side)
  • Tiger's Maw (Ten times each side)
Techniques: I go through the motions for each, never using someone to practice on unless I have their permission
  • Brush-Trap-Strike (Ten times each side)
  •  Same side wrist grab escape (Ten times each side)
  • Cross Handed wrist grab escape (Ten times each side)
  • Arm Bar (Ten times each side)
Weapons work:
  •  Raise Cane over head and slide down spine vertically. (Ten times)
  • Curls (Add resistance by pretending to pull hands apart on way up, push together on way down) (Ten times)
  • Form: Cane held horizontally in front of me, then lifted over and behind head, then brought back to starting point, then rotated one hundred eighty degrees so arms are crossed, then brought back to starting point and rotated one hundred eighty in the other direction. This should be done swiftly with fluidity (Ten times)
Holy cow...I didn't really realize just how much I do each day until I typed this out.

Thoughts?

Misha

    No comments:

    Post a Comment