Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year, New Beginnings

As I lay here in my warm comfy bed, I can hardly believe that 2011 is coming to a close. This year has been filled with lots of ups and downs and definitely some adventures.

It is in 2011 that I began my study of Hapkido, and this blog along with it. I met my wonderful Sensei and my other instructors and found a surrogate family at Equa Do, waiting with open arms to bring me into the fold. I discovered that I was stronger and capable of learning more quickly than even my instructors predicted. I successfully passed two belt tests, one of which resulting in me gaining approval for a belt to be skipped. And I began my path to becoming an instructor myself.

In 2012 there is so much to look forward to. Next week I will receive my orange belt, and with it higher expectations and plans for a more intense immersive study of Hapkido. A few weeks after that I will reach my next important milestone on my journey to become an instructor, by getting to teach two sessions of the able bodied Hapkido class under the supervision of Sensei and Anthony. There will be more lessons to learn and people to educate and students to teach. And I am looking forward to it.

Wishing you all a happy, safe and blessed New Year.

Misha.

No comments:

Post a Comment