Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Side Note...

I have mentioned several times in this blog that I see Sensei as a father. A few friends I know have asked me why exactly I don't just refer to Sensei as Daddy when I blog. There are a couple reasons for that.

Firstly, while this blog is undoubtedly of a personal nature, I have not altered any privacy settings. I want it to be accessible to anyone who might take an interest in reading about my experiences. That means, this blog is truly being written to inform and inspire the public. One of the most important and defining aspects of the martial arts is the discipline required. Technically, to address my teacher by anything other than Sensei is dishonorable and disrespectful. It is through Sensei's wishes and permission that I call him dad but my goal here is to provide an accurate presentation of Hapkido for the public.

Secondly, as I said before this blog is public. That means anyone can find it. Anyone including my abusive parents who have a nasty jealous streak. If they ever did find this and read it I would already never hear the end of it, but the more I refer openly on the Internet to Sensei being like a father figure, the deeper is the hole I dig myself.

Rest assured that Sensei is very much aware of how much I care about him/love him and how much he means to me. Its just I can't post all of that in such a public place in good conscience.

Respectfully,

Misha

No comments:

Post a Comment